Are you stressed? Is your child stressed?
WE CAN HELP!
“Stress Busters” Parent Coffee and Workshop
Wednesday, May 2nd
9:30 – 11:00 am
Barrington Area Library
Join BStrong Together for our final Parent Coffee of the school year. Learn more about stress and anxiety as well as tools and techniques for all ages that can be used to manage stress in order to live a happier, healthier, and more productive life.
We will begin with a presentation from Josette Day of The Barrington Center for Counseling and Psychotherapy followed by time to explore demonstrations and mini-workshops on a variety of stress management techniques including:
- mindful breathing
- simple yoga
- the power of spending time in the natural environment
- art as a tool for stress reduction
- how to do a mini body scan
- defusing techniques to navigate unpleasant thoughts, feelings, and sensations
- mindfulness activities for all ages
The focus will be on sharing helpful resources and ideas to manage stress that you can easily implement with your entire family. We hope you can join us!