Parenting is a constant learning experience. Just when we get confident with one stage, our kids move into a new one.
Your son happily runs into preschool after weeks of crying the minute you turn leave, and now suddenly decides only to eat hot dogs and broccoli (really, broccoli?). Your shy daughter finally finds a group of friends in third grade, only to explain to you that “everyone” has their own phone when they turn 9 – is that true? The child that shared everything about middle school – from her first crush to all the girl drama at the lunch table – turns into a hermit as a freshman in high school, spending all her time in her room. How do you get her to be part of the family again?
Don’t worry! Whether it’s big issues like bullying, underage drinking, disordered eating, or helping support your child with anxiety and depression, or every day challenges like how to build stronger connections within your family, find helpful parenting practices, learn calm-down strategies to use with an upset child, or ways to find local resources for support, BStrong Together is here to help.
There are many ways to get advice and support for the parenting issues we face.
- Sign up to receive BStrong Together’s weekly Tuesday Tips, Tools & Try This emails filled with lots of great information, tips and resources to support parents with children of all ages (view past emails in English and Spanish here).
- Join us for a speaker event, Parent Coffee, Time Out with BStrong Together, or other event. Learn about upcoming event here.
- Watch our expert videos on our Vimeo channel.
- Check out our helpful handouts filled with lots of great advice and resources.
- Like and follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- Explore this website FILLED with information and support.
- Find a group of friends with children of a similar age to confide in and share ideas on parenting challenges.
- Turn to a friend whose kids are a few years older and have the perspective of being ‘on the other side’ of the challenges you face today.
BStrong Together offers a variety of content under our “PARENTING” button above for you to explore.
In addition, we create videos with experts on a wide range of topics, we host Parent Coffees and discussions on parenting topics throughout the year – bringing together experts and parents to educate and create community, and create lots of helpful handouts for you to download and print for reference.
Be sure to bookmark our website for upcoming events and check back often or subscribe to our email list. Some people want more detail or expert opinions, so diving into a topic or issue through books or websites is another option. BStrong Together has compiled a list of popular parenting books and websites on our Parenting Resources page and our Reading List for Adults page. If you have suggestions to our list, please email us at [email protected].